US singer Billie Eilish has been chosen to write and record the theme song for the latest James Bond film series. At the age of 18 she is the youngest ever artist to be given this honour.
Cary Joji Fukunaga, the Director of “No Time To Die”, said Eilish is now one of “a chosen few” and that her song will “echo for generations to come”.
Shirley Bassey, Duran Duran, Tom Jones, Lulu, Paul McCartney and Madonna are just some of the acts to have provided songs for the franchise in the past.
Both Adele and Sam Smith won Oscars for their musical contributions to the last two 007 films, Skyfall and Spectre respectively.
Can you name all of the theme tunes and their singers? Did you know that only one has ever reached the top of the charts?
1. James Bond Theme – The John Barry Orchestra [from DR.NO, 1962]
2. From Russia With Love – Matt Monro 
3. Goldfinger – Shirley Bassey 
4. Thunderball – Tom Jones 
5. You Only Live Twice – Nancy Sinatra 
6. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – The John Barry Orchestra 
7. We Have All The Time In The World – Louis Armstrong [from ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE, 1969]
8. Diamonds Are Forever – Shirley Bassey 
9. Live And Let Die – Paul McCartney & Wings 
10. The Man With The Golden Gun – Lulu 
11. Nobody Does It Better – Carly Simon [from THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, 1977]
12. Moonraker – Shirley Bassey 
13. For Your Eyes Only – Sheena Easton 
14. All Time High – Rita Coolidge [from OCTOPUSSY, 1983]
15. A View To A Kill – Duran Duran 
16. The Living Daylights – A-Ha 
17. Licence To Kill – Gladys Knight 
18. GoldenEye – Tina Turner 
19. Tomorrow Never Dies – Sheryl Crow 
20. The World Is Not Enough – Garbage 
21. Die Another Day – Madonna 
22. You Know My Name – Chris Cornell [from CASINO ROYALE, 2006]
23. Another Way To Die – Jack White & Alicia Keys [from QUANTUM OF SOLACE, 2008]
24. Skyfall – Adele 
25. Writings On The Wall – Sam Smith [from SPECTRE, 2015]
My top three are Nobody Does It Better, Goldfinger and Live and Let Die – what’s yours?
It was Sam Smith that made number 1. Can Billie Eilish follow in his footsteps?
Sign up today for your regular dose of good news. Sign up takes 2 minutes. By signing up, reading, sharing and liking our articles, you are helping us raise money for the fight against Cystic Fibrosis! Thank you!